Hello there! So you’ve met someone online, had a great first date, and now are in happy-land. That is, until you start receiving way too many text messages. Your thought process can go something like this: “I just saw him last night…why did he text me this morning and tried calling me during lunch”? “What’s with the weird winky face text? Is he stalking me”? “You know what…maybe I’m over-reacting…Ping… crap, another winky face”
For those that have never experienced this before, it’s a little confusing. You don’t know if you should be grateful, disgusted, or checking out steps in how to get a restraining order. There are some guys out there that just don’t know how to play it cool.
Yes, we ladies like to say things like “what ever happened to chivalry?”, “we just want a nice guy”, “I just want a guy to tell me how they’re feeling”. All this is true…up to a point.
Guys, take note:
- If you meet someone (especially online/blind date), it’s ok to call or text after a great first date to see if they got home alright
- If you do the above, it’s recommended that you do not also call/text the very next day to shoot the breeze about your work meeting (in conjunction with the initial “are you ok confirmation”)
- It is advised you set up a second date at the end of your first… something like “I had a great time tonight, how about I call you and we can see each other on ___?” That way she is expecting a call to set up plans
- Please do not send a winky or smiley face at the end of every text message ie: “I had a great time last night ;)”, “did you enjoy that tuna roll? :)”? “I love tuna rolls ;)”
- Don’t say “I love you” after 3 dates or less… how is this even possible?
- It’s ok if you only see eachother 2-3x a week during the initial dating period. You do not need to move in. It’s also ok (and recommended), that you continue dating others in this period as well
- Don’t say you will make beautiful babies together after 3 dates or less… or more
Ladies, what are some crazy calls/texts you received way too soon in a relationship?
Guys, do you ever look back and say “what was I thinking sending that”?
Would love to hear from you!
- 3 Texts You Should Never Send (sacratomatovillepost.com)
- Emoji and the iPhone-Fueled Rise of Talking in Tiny Pictures (readwriteweb.com)
- Options? Woman Being Harassed By Ex-Husband (ask.metafilter.com)
- Zayn Malik Got Dumped Via Text (celebs.gather.com)
- When Jokes Aren’t Funny (ruthrutherford.wordpress.com)