Hola! Let’s discuss online dating, or pretty much any sort of dating red flags. Red flags are things that should not be ignored. They are presented in an array of proses, even in sweet whispers that seem innocent enough. They can be uttered during a romantic dinner, hot make-out session, and even during a child’s birthday party. Note, most red flags are said cushioned in between harmless phrases. It can go something like this: “Dang you are so beautiful, I can look at you all day. Unlike my baby mama who’s driving me crazy. She’s making a big deal over one little child support I missed. Can you believe her? Did you want to order the quesadillas or fried calamari?” Anyone catch that? Smooth, right?
For the online daters, some can be detected before a meet.
Red flags can be detected in an online profile:
- Every pic has him/her double fisting drinks
- All of his friends seem to be hookers
- If over 25, a lot of “!” and “:o)”
- Angry and bitter rants of what they are not looking for
- Any mention of a disease or drugs
- Anything more than a few paragraphs long
- Someone in the middle of moving across the country (or world)
- When the radius of their search covers North America
- No preferences (especially age)
You get the idea…
When you finally chat with the person and they mention things that make you feel a little irksome, don’t plan a second date. The knot in your stomach is your body’s way of telling you to keep looking elsewhere.
Red flags on a date to look out for:
- “My relationships usually end because they think I’m not ambitious enough.”
- “My ex-wife is in a psych ward. She’s crazy and wants the kids back.”
- Guy says to girl: “Can I be totally honest? I slept with a couple guys because I was curious. What’s the big deal?”
- “I have a lot of legal issues right now.”
- “I hate people.”
- “I hate my life.”
- Guy says to girl: “I think you’d look better if your hair was shorter.” (control freak)
- Mass alcohol/drug consumption
- Attention hog
I’ve either lived through some of the above or know someone who has. If a red flag is left ignored, the outcome is usually ugly and consists of little mind bombs going off in your head. That is, until you have a mental break and unload a whole lotta crazy of your own.
What are some red flags you have heard? Did you ignore them? What happened?
Would love to hear from you!