WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING FOR?
DANCE, DANCE, DANCE!
Feel free to comment and/or ask me dating advice and I promise to respond sincerely and as quickly as possible.
I look forward to hearing from you!
PS: More about muah in the "ABOUT" tab, and even more info if you hover over pic and click on "view complete profile".
POSTS BY TOPIC
POSTS BY DATE
Is there such a thing as being too classy (on the first date)?
Hello there! Today’s blog topic will be… Is there such a thing as being too classy? After watching my favorite reality tv show, the Real Housewives of… (all of them), on Bravo… classy is a term that seems to be thown about, as of late. If you have ever watched the show, it always seems that the unclassiest broads are the ones saying just how classy they are. If you wish it, it will come? I dunno.
Anyways, it got my wheels spinning and I started thinking about those poor souls out there that are actually classy… you still with me? I tend to jump around.
A few of my close friends fit this definition “classy”, which can go hand in hand with “conservative”, “quiet”, “shy”. Now, I know my girlfriends and believe me when I tell you they are not by any means, delicate creatures…we wouldn’t be friends if they were! But it takes a while to get them out of their shell. When they meet a guy and go on a date with them, they make sure they dress in preppy attire, drink 2 glasses of sparkling wine, and giggle quietly like geishas. Is this what guys are attracted to? I mean, it works in Japan, right?
From a young age, we (us ladies), are told to act like a lady, act like we are fine china. If we act like princesses, guys will treat us as such. This is confusing because when us classy girls are trying to (inconspicuously), get your attention, your tongues hang out while eyeing the trashiest thing that walks by… and sometimes the trashiest of the Real Housewives have loving husbands.
Here are online dating / traditional dating first date tips:
- Laugh out loud… a lot. Even at your own jokes
- Show cleavage. If you don’t have cleavage, make one up out of push up bras and shoulder pads
- Touch him on the arm (this is common practice by the trashiest of hoes)
- Do not look like you spent hours getting ready
- Order your own food… and eat it
- Eat out of the bread basket… and make sure you slather on lots of butter
- Leave the family jewelry at home
- Always say “please” and “thank you”… especially when he picks up the tab
- Act a little trashy and think classy
Guys: How do you want a girl to act on the first date? What about their outfit? Anyone out there not into cleavage? Any recommendations? Is there such a thing as too classy?
Ladies: Looking back, ever acted a little too reserved? What did you do? Would you change it? Why or why not?
Would love to hear from you!
- ‘Miss Advised’ Premiere: How To Dump A Guy The ‘Classy’ Way (huffingtonpost.com)
- Does Dating Exist Anymore? (sch00ldazed.wordpress.com)
- Look of the Day: Classy and Fabulous (fabsugar.com)